River Twine Holt Forums

A Gathering Place for River Twine Holt
It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:09 pm 
Member of the Autumn!
Member of the Autumn!

Hi, everyone!

Once again, we've hit an upper limit on the number of attachments allowed on the forum.

I'm going through various subforums, looking for attachments to replace them with directly linked images that don't take up any space.

My plea to everyone -- PLEASE look in your Private Messages area, to see whether any attachments are lingering there. Especially if you have used the PM system to send art (or a story file) to anyone; or if anyone has sent one to you for approvals.

The problem is that if you send a message with an attached image, and I receive that message… there are now 2 attachments stored in the system, in your Out box, and my In box. So we BOTH have to delete them.

If you want to use the PM system that way, please just try to get in the habit of deleting at least the attached image after approval's been received.

And please go in now, and try to clean out all of your boxes! Check "In", "Sent", and "Out".

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:45 pm 
Member of the Autumn!
Member of the Autumn!

Just to put this in perspective:

Yesterday, I went through the entire Council archives (back to 2007!), and removed about 90 attachments (replacing them with direct-link images). That got us some breathing-room, but…

The admin control panel for the forum says there are still 747 attachments on the forum. SOMEWHERE. :wow:

I will be trying to go through the General Archives and the Characters subforums, and so on, to see what more I can do. But I just can't quite believe that number. Wow.

So seriously, any help folks can give by going through their PM system is much appreciated!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:31 pm 

I would be willing to dump all of my messages. I just need a Folder for the face shape ones - or a way to hardcopy those/print them out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:35 pm 
Member of the Autumn!
Member of the Autumn!

Tamarien -- just to be clear, you only need to clean out your PM boxes. Any images in threads, I'll be taking care of. :)

But yes, I would suggest that if you want to save those messages, you copy them to your computer hard-drive, before deleting them.

Another option -- you could forward the PM to me, and I can save the message and attachment for you; then email all of it to you in the end.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:39 pm 
Member of the Autumn!
Member of the Autumn!

I've now managed to remove about 327 attachments (replacing most with direct links) from the archives sections. :shck: So the good news is that that should give us a lot of breathing room.

But there are still 428 attachments left somewhere in the forums.

I have a note of about 60 other threads I have to go through and replace attachments in. So that is at least 60 more attachments, possibly more (if there are more than one in a thread).

That will still leave over 300… out there… somewhere. :?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:32 am 

Just a thought, but could it be there are still PM's with attachments of people who are no longer checking the forums but still have accounts?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:46 am 
Member of the Autumn!
Member of the Autumn!

I guess that's possible? Will have to see if there is a way to check on that.